Saturday, March 10, 2012

Process: Wind Chime
























This is my second block print corresponding to the track "Wind Chime," part of the Coldfuture project.

The print is roughly ten feet long and six inches high.  What I'm finding interesting is that I'm not particularly convinced of the final piece in composition, but I'm drawn to isolated portions of the work as they are "selected" out. It made me consider how I process information, music or otherwise, and how isolated moments or sounds effect the larger "composition."  It seems that through music, one always comes away with an impression of the complete piece and whether that piece is pleasing or not.  Is a song written with the end result in mind or is it something that takes form in the process of playing a progressive combination of sounds?

More images >

No comments:

Post a Comment