Monday, February 20, 2012

Process: Frozen Over
























I am in the course of creating a series of ink block prints based upon minimal techno tracks created for the Coldfuture project.  

This first print corresponds to the track "Frozen Over." My intention is to create a a visual equivalent for each sound I hear in the course of the track and represent it on paper as it enters, drops out or pauses in time.  Aside from the mapping of the time sequence, it is an entirely experimental process and I have very little idea how the shapes will interact or function together in the composition.


























This work is continuing my process of identifying and interpreting patterns.  I am interested in how visual patterns can emerge from one's perception of a thing (in this case audio sounds) and be represented to extend it's meaning. 





































Click HERE for more images 

No comments:

Post a Comment